It’s already been a topsy-turvy start to 2014 for me, and if there’s one thing I’ve learned about the fashion and entrepreneurial world, is that I’d better get used to it.
Sadly, the part-time pattern-making position I had secured didn’t materialize…an unfortunate casualty of this crazy economy, where other companies’ cash flow issues affect the whole production stream.
However, when one door closes a window of opportunity opens, and this turn of events has allowed me time to start my own company! I filed papers to start a business, got it approved at the end of January, and am now building a 12 piece clothing collection to take to market in August, an Etsy shop, a new website and a business plan. I hope to share it with you all soon!
In the interim, I ran across some great reads and links for this rainy Friday in SoCal…check them out!
- Here’s a cool infographic showing all of the Best Actresses gowns since 1929
- An interesting analysis of why it’s so hard to find good plus size clothing out there
- The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon had some great moments this past week. First, this lip sync contest with Paul Rudd is made of win. And second, this video of Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore singing about how they make a movie together every 10 years is so freaking adorable
- Follow 2sisters_angie on Instagram, the construction paper outfits for the 4 year old girl are just precious
- Virgin America just upped the game in getting passengers to watch their safety demo